Total Body Tabata™ created a tabata inspired group fitness program using the Tabata formula to deliver fat-burning miracle workouts.
Tabata research study:
The Tabata formula was researched in 1996 by athletic researcher Dr. Izumi Tabata. Dr. Tabata applied this strict regimen on Japan's Olympic speed skating team. He devised a formula of 20 seconds of “all out” work, (subjects reaching an intensity of about 170% of VO2 max), followed by 10 seconds of rest, and repeated 8 times.
In Tabata’s classic study of the protocol, athletes demonstrated an impressive 14 percent increase in aerobic capacity and a stunning 28 percent increase in anaerobic capacity after doing the workout on stationary bikes five times a week for six weeks. Over the same six-week period a control group rode stationary bikes for one hour at a moderate intensity five times a week and experienced a smaller 9.5 percent improvement in aerobic capacity and no improvement in anaerobic capacity.
- 20 seconds all out work
- 10 seconds Rest
- Repeated 8 times
- Total Tabata time = 4 minutes
- 2:1 work:rest ratio
This time-efficient fat-torching workout is not only scientifically proven, but delivers true fitness magic.
More scientifically proven benefits . . .
- Increases aerobic and anaerobic capacity
- Fat loss through increase metabolic rate
- EPOC (excess post-exercise oxygen consumption): after exercise oxygen consumption remains elevated as working muscle cells restore to pre-exercise levels. This results in a higher and longer calorie burn post exercise.
- More type II muscle fibers used, resulting in increased muscle definition.
- Increases testosterone in men and human growth hormone in women (HGH is increased by up to 450% during 24 hours post workout). This is super news because HGH is not only responsible for increase caloric burn, but also slows down the aging process) which help muscles rebuild after a workout.
- Decreases cardiovascular disease, diabetes type 2, and “one study has linked lower cancer mortality rates to HiiT.”(Les Mills)
- Increase VO2 max
- Increases resting metabolic rate
To learn more about the science of Tabata and HiiT please link to the following articles:
- Effects of moderate intensity endurance and high intensity intermittent training on anaerobic capacity and VO2max
- HIIT vs. Continuous Endurance Training: Battle of the Aerobic Titans
- Calorie Burning: It's time to think "Outside the Box" 7 Programs that Burn a lot of Calories
- The 4-Minute Fat-Burning Miracle Workout
- Is Tabata All Its Cracked Up to Be? ACE PROSOURCE
Are you convinced? You Know It's Time...